- Set your own personal goal for what you want to raise. We suggest $100, but you may want to raise more. Our goal is to have 600 walkers raise $100 each.
- Write a list of those you will ask to sponsor you. Try friends, relatives, classmates, co-workers, church members, and neighbors. ASK them each to sponsor you with a $10.00 (or more) contribution. Donors can go online and support you through our secure online website.
- As you start receiving contributions from your sponsors, remember that all donations to Good Works, Inc. are tax-deductible. Please give a receipt (these are included in your fundraising packet) to any donor who requests one. You can also remind your sponsor that a canceled check serves as proof of donations under $250. Checks should be made out to Good Works, Inc.
- Have you run out of sponsor records or donor receipts? Do you need some fliers to pass around town? All of these are available on our website. Follow the instructions to download additional forms (these may also be requested by calling 740-594-3339).
- Encourage all of your sponsors to attend the Good Works Walk and raise support themselves. To obtain additional fundraising materials, simply contact us using the information above.
At the Walk
- Arrive for registration promptly by 8:30am and check-in. The WALK experience begins shortly after registration around 9:00am.
- Please bring your fundraising packet (including your sponsor records and donations) with you at registration.
- Please dress warmly in layers.
- There will be FREE parking on the top 3 floors of the Athens City Parking Garage, across from the First United Methodist Church.
- If you’d like to come early to help set up, contact Paul Richard at 740-594-3336 or through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.