You can read these articles online or download them as PDF documents to read, print, and share.
- This NEW essay, Good Works Timothy House, Beyond the Numbers was written by Andrea Horsch and Keith Wasserman and released in February 17, 2016.
- Walk Fact Sheet (PDF) — What is the WALK? Why is it important? What are the numbers? Also, how can I get involved?
- Appalachia Facts (PDF) — What is Appalachia, and what connection does it have with poverty?
- What The Jobs Report Doesn’t Tell You: Poverty in Southeast Ohio (April 2015)
- World Hunger Facts (PDF) — How many people really go hungry? In the USA? In the world? Further data on poverty and the population.
- Good Works WALK History (PDF) — How did this all get started? How has it grown?
- Why Do People Become Homeless? (off site) — If the subject of homelessness conjures up images of lazy people and drug addicts who refuse to work and aren’t interested in pulling their lives together, this is a must-read.
- Click here to read a recent article on how poverty impacts local school districts in Athens County, Ohio.